With a Belize Bank Point-of-Sale terminal, you can accept all four card brands on one machine. The Belize Bank Ltd is the exclusive acquirer for American Express cards in Belize. Our advanced technology provides you with an automatic back-up satellite system to ensure that your credit card transactions are processed. Our professional customer service staff will provide personalized services to meet your needs. The application process is fast and easy!
To facilitate your business, The Belize Bank Ltd provides two types of merchant accounts
- Brick and Mortar Merchant Account
- Internet Merchant Account
It’s easy to find out if you qualify – with no cost or obligation. Complete our simple Merchant Account Application or call us at 227-7132 at Card Service Center to get started. We guarantee personal service, industry merchant account knowledge, and your complete customer satisfaction. Our experienced staff will guide you through the entire merchant account process and will help you every step of the way to accepting credit/debit cards!
- Set up and support your merchant account.
- Provide training to your staff on the card acceptance procedures upon setting up the account. We are proud to say that we are the only bank in Belize that provides yearly training to their merchants to review and update your staff with the rules and regulations of the Card Associations.
- Provide next day statements in print or online at www.belizebank.com
- Merchant support and 24 hour authorization service
- Program your equipment and provide training on the use of the equipment.
- Collect, clear and Settle merchant deposits.
- Payments for transactions available the next business day.
- Assist in the reconciliation of Settlement Accounts.
- Provide stationery and advertising materials such as signage at no cost.
- Increase Employee safety/Store Security by maintaining lower cash volumes in house.
- Increase Customer loyalty and boost your profits as a customer will buy at your store because you accept cards as a means of payment.
- Offer a competitive advantage by improving services to customers.
- Increase sales by making impulse purchases easier.
- Generate higher per ticket transactions.
- Open up new ways for customers to shop. As a Merchant you gain more customers, and most importantly, customers spend more.
- Reduces the risk and problem of bounced checks.