Regular Savings Accounts are best suited for first time savers, customers who plan on using the account on a regular basis (i.e. salary) or for those who plan on saving for vacation or other special purposes. To open a Regular Savings Account all you need to do is fill out the Individual Account Application
, and bring in two (2) forms of identification, a recent utility bill with your name on it, and as little as BZ$100.00.
- Interest is earned at a nominal interest rate of 2.50% per annum (Annual Effective Interest Rate (AEIR) OF 2.52%) on balances above BZ$150.00; interest is calculated and accrued on the account's daily closing balance, and is credited to the account bi-annually (i.e. October and April)
- No monthly service charges or minimum balance fees
- Belize Bank VISA Debit Card
This versatile card allows you to withdraw up to BZ$1,000.00 per day from any of our ATMs countrywide, as well as make purchases at merchants countrywide accepting VISA cards.
With Belize Bank's Online Banking service you can:
- Access all your Belize Bank accounts, including loans and credit cards,
- View current balances and transaction history,
- Pay your utility bills and Belize Bank credit cards,
- Transfer money between your Belize Bank accounts, or to accounts at other banks, and more!
Open your Saving Account with your spouse or anyone you wish, and operate it together or separately, depending on your choice; either way, you are both responsible for all affairs on the account.
Need to set up a recurring transfer to another bank account? We can schedule virtually any transfer to a Belize Bank account or to any other local bank account. Simply write out your payment instructions and the dates you would like the transfer to take place and we will handle the rest for you (a small fee applies).