Bonus Savings Accounts
Bonus Savings Accounts are the ideal savings account for customers to build their nest-egg and at the same time, have quick and easy access to their money in the event of an emergency.
- Interest is earned at a nominal interest rate of 2.75% per annum (Annual Effective Interest Rate (AEIR) OF 2.78%) on balances above BZ$1000.00; interest is calculated and accrued on the account’s daily closing balance, and is credited to the account bi-annually (i.e. September and March)
- $1.50 monthly service charge
- No minimum balance fees
- Belize Bank VISA Debit Card
All accounts are presented with this versatile card, that allows you to withdraw up to BZ$1,000.00 per day from any of our ATMs countrywide, as well as make purchases at merchants countrywide accepting VISA cards.
- FREE Online Banking
With Belize Bank’s Online Banking service you can:
- Access all your Belize Bank accounts, including loans and credit cards,
- View current balances and transaction history,
- Pay your utility bills and Belize Bank credit cards,
- Transfer money between your Belize Bank accounts, or to accounts at other banks, and more!
- FREE Mobile Banking
With Belize Bank’s Mobile Banking Service, you can:
- Check your Account Balance (Mini Statement included)
- Transfer money between accounts
- Pay Bills
- Receive Notification Alerts for salary deposits, debit transaction above a particular threshold, credit card transaction above a particular threshold, loan payment is due, and more!
Open your Saving Account with your spouse or anyone you wish, and operate it together or separately, depending on your choice; either way, you are both responsible for all affairs on the account.
Open An Account
To open a Bonus Savings Account all you need to do is fill out the Individual Account Application.
Bring in to a branch nearest to you:
- Two (2) forms of identification (Passport, Drivers License, Social Security Card)
- Recent utility bill (Not older than 3 months) with your name on it
- BZ$1,000.00 (minimum deposit)