Reports to: Merchant Operations Supervisor
Employment Type : Full-time
Location: Caye Caulker Village
The Merchant Development Officer is responsible for consistently attaining merchants to increase market share in line with the Card Services initiative and strategy. This representative will also be required to ensure retention of existing merchants, through regular calling programs, adding value by visiting merchants on a rotation basis, ensuring all their concerns are addressed and resolved promptly. In addition, this person will be responsible to communicate with clients in relation to disputes and fraud monitoring. He/She must maintain positive working relationships with Managers, Business Banking and Retail Banking Services to ensure optimal customer servicing.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Grow Merchant Services revenue through direct sales.
- Coordinate with Relationship Bankers both Business and Retail Banking to support and develop relationships with business customers and employees to increase referrals.
- Utilize networking, community and public relations activities to identify prospective Merchant customer
- Track sales activities and timelines to ensure that the deliverables within onboarding project plans are met and are on-time.
- Organize product training, equipment installations and/or product demonstrations as needed.
- Understand our competitive environment, through the gathering of competitors’ information on capabilities and gaps to effectively position The Belize Bank merchant services for success.
- Establishes and maintain a pro-active call program which focuses on customer retention and attracting sound new prospects, documenting each call and visit and detailing results and action plan.
- Ensures tickets are created to repair faulty Point of Sale (POS) machine reported by branches.
- Submits approved merchant applications, rate reductions to processor.
- Opens merchant accounts utilizing various operating systems and programs
- Deploys Point of Sale (POS) machines to merchant location, provides POS training to relevant staff outlining the card acceptances as outlined on merchant agreement.
- Manages communication with merchants on chargebacks.
- Monitors and contacts client as per defined Fraud Monitoring Services procedures.
- Responds to all queries and calls from the branches and functional areas in relation to matters and issues related to Card Services.
- Provide superior banking services to both external and internal customers in a professional manner.
- Actively follow the procedures outlined in the Superior Service Management Policy for serving clients at all service delivery channels and for handling compliments, suggestions, queries and concerns.
- Work with Management, other branch staff and peers for the betterment of Belize Bank demonstrating flexibility.
- Actively participate in meetings and other branch/bank activities.
- Be receptive to changes and considerate to different points of views and compromise when needed.
Educational & Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, or related field preferred or at least an Associate’s Degree
in Business Administration, Business Management or Finance from an accredited educational institution
with work experience in related field.
- One (1) year of progressive work experience in banking;
- Knowledge of Card Service Unit workflow
- Knowledge of the banking industry in Belize and general regulatory procedures mandated by the Central Bank of Belize
Skill & Ability Requirements:
- Bilingual with the ability to speak and write English and Spanish at an intermediate to advanced level
- Computer literate at an intermediate to advanced level with proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Very good organizational skills with the ability to handle high volumes of work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, with sound judgment and tact in customer interaction
- Strong inclination to listen first; respond second and ensure client needs are accurately understood and appropriate response provided
- Information-seeking skills; being able to probe, find out more and improve your understanding of a client’s situation or an issue
- Good analytical and Problem solving skills
- Customer centric through proven customer loyalty initiatives/activities
- Ability to promote and sell the Bank’s products and services with ability to network extensively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to highest priority in all functions at the Bank
- Ability to maintain professional maturity/composure under stressful situations
- Application Letters and Resume/CV
- Reference Letters
- Degrees and Diplomas/Certifications
- Police Record
*Applications omitting any of the required documents will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
Qualified applicants can send their résumés/CVs to:
Human Resources Department
Belize Bank Ltd.
21 Regent Street
Belize City, Belize
Or Email: [email protected]
Re: Merchant Development Officer Position (Caye Caulker Village)
Deadline for applications is March 24, 2023